This policy describes how your Personal Information (information that directly identifies you) is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from milliondollarbaby.com (the “Site”).
Million Dollar Baby Co. (a.k.a. Bexco Enterprises) and our brands, which include but are not limited to Million Dollar Baby Classic, DaVinci Baby, Franklin & Ben, Babyletto, Nursery Works, Ubabub, Capsule Home (collectively, "Million Dollar Baby Co."), value our customers and respect your privacy. We collect information about you through our websites to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests and promotions. As described in this policy, we may share your information among our brands and, under certain circumstances, with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a product or service.
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, or social media handles;
- Purchase or other commercial information, such as the items your purchase, shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Payment information to be sent to third-party payment processors, such as your payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), and billing address;
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about wish list items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, registry information, product review information, gift card information, and other information about your profile or account;
- Communications and interactions, which may include email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls that we exchange with you;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Call recordings including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone;
- Location or geolocation information of your device that you use with website, if your device settings allow us to collect location information; and
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity information , including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, "Device Information"). Device information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser type and settings, and Internet service provider (ISP) information. Device information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website, the website pages, files, and items you view using our website, and the items you purchase; and
- Inferences about any of the information above that may related to your preferences, or other matters.
We collect information on our website, during calls with you, and in person at stores and events. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase online or by phone, visit or contact us, register a product, create a user account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or review request, engage in a promotional activity, submit a photo or authorize use of your photos, register to attend an event or appointment, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.;
- From other brands within Million Dollar Baby Co.
- From our retail partners when purchasing our products, including personal information used to fulfill your order
- From other third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device: that you use to access our website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes Device Information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Methods we use include:
- cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- web beacons, pixels, or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, or open an email we send to you);
- website log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website);
- Flash cookies or Local Stored Objects (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software—Learn more about privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies here ; and
- other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We may combine all this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, and from our other brands.
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s) and memberships; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call, text, or email us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; tailor our communications with you; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with customer service and salespeople; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the Your Choices section below);
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- The Million Dollar Baby Co. family of brands and companies
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to help with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, help us with advertising or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping us with our internal research, verifying service quality or safety, and performing any of the other actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Parties to business transactions, such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions in the unlikely event of a sale or merger of Million Dollar Baby Co. or any of our businesses. In these types of transactions, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the "How We Use Information" Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store: you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site: you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
We work with third party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our website, and on third party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use our website or mobile application—through the methods described in the "How We Personal Collect Information" Section above (see "using cookies and automatic collection methods"). These third party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share personal information with the third party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information in our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third party marketing, advertising, and other purposes. For information about the choices you have about the online advertising practices described in this section, please see the "Your Choices and Access Requests" Section below.
We strive to offer you with choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by using the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and https://www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" Section below, and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails.
- Telephone Choices (calls and texts). You may opt-out of receiving delivery, marketing or advertising calls or text messages by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below, and sharing the phone number that you would like to opt-out. For text messages, you also may be able to text "STOP" in response to a text message that you receive.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. Unless alternate procedures are noted for your state in the “Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights” section below, you may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the “How Do I Contact You” section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
You may have additional rights in the state in which you reside. Please see the “Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights” section below for more information.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
- Links to Other Websites and Services. Our website or emails may provide links to other Internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Browser Do Not Track Signals. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- California Privacy Rights. California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to us doing so, we do not sell any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California law also provides residents with rights to request access to and deletion of certain personal information, to know whether personal information is shared, and to opt out of the “sale” of personal information. Some California laws also may define “personal information” differently from this Policy. To understand how we honor these California rights, to make requests regarding these rights, and to learn more about how California law defines “personal information,” please see Your California Privacy Rights.
- Children’s Privacy. Our services are generally not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 16 without verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
In proportion to the sensitivity of the information, we maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and/or physical safeguards and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, as no electronic data transmission or storage of information is completely secure. If an incident is reported affecting your information, we will investigate and comply with all required reporting obligations.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
A copy of our photography release agreement for user-generated content can be found here.
Million Dollar Baby Co.
8700 Rex Rd.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Toll free: 1-855-969-5065